Benefits Administration Intern
We are seeking an individual for the position of Benefits Administration Intern. This person will provide support by assisting in the day to day activities associated with the benefit and payroll functions while learning the department.
- Be a team player.
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to accept new assignments.
- Focus on departmental goals and takes initiative to achieve them.
- Promotes a positive working relationship within the company.
- Assist in the administration of company benefit plans which may include:
- Audit Prep Work
- Benefit Termination Letters/Notifications
- Hourly 401k Enrollments
- Hourly Retiree Premium’s Tracking/Updating
- Retiree Benefit Letters
- Tracking Disability/ Life Waivers
- Withdrawal Request Paperwork
- Assure compliance with all rules and regulations pertaining to employee benefits.
- Other duties as assigned by the Benefits Manager
- Strong clerical, oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects
- Detailed oriented
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Must be approachable, trustworthy with strong ethics and integrity
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Working towards an associate’s degree in Human Resources (hours can be flexible around your school schedule)
- Experience in Payroll or Benefit Administration a plus
- Knowledge of laws related to FMLA, COBRA, HIPAA, and health care reform preferred