Associate Industrial Designer
We are seeking an individual for the position of Associate Industrial Designer. This person is responsible in helping and assisting in providing Industrial design concepts, experiences, and services through sketching, physical model work, CAD and computer work. This position will execute design via direction from a Lead Industrial Designer and/or the Industrial Design Manager. Additionally, an Associate Industrial designer will assist in design research projects and analysis under the direction of Lead Industrial Designer and/or Industrial Design Manager. Associate Industrial Designers will be a part of project teams in giving Industrial Design support, either teamed with another Industrial Designer or individually. Associate Industrial Designers will report to either an Industrial Design Lead and/or the Manager of Industrial Design.
- Help to provide innovative, creative, and diverse design concept generation to the ID team and project teams.
- Work with direction on appropriate approaches to concept development and research needs for the project.
- Become familiar with the Vollrath businesses and product portfolios.
- Develop relationships and knowledge with the New Product Development Departments, especially Engineering, Manufacturing and Purchasing.
- Learn the Vollrath NPD process and become an active member of the NPD community.
- Work with Project Teams to develop a product from concept generation through to production and learn the steps needed through that process.
- Develop a familiarity and with materials and processes used across Vollrath businesses and products.
- Prepare project concepts and prototypes for presentation for the executive team by using the concept and design review document in PD TRAK and using appropriate methods of communicating the concepts or designs, i.e., renderings, models, prototypes.
- Support Vollrath VBL and build a knowledge base of the Vollrath VBL
- Support the research, analysis, and compilation of competitive product, trend analysis, and tradeshow reports.
- 0 – 3 years of design experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design – emphasis in product design
- Strong creativity skills.
- A wide grasp on different manufacturing processes and their impact on design and vice versa.
- Self-motivated and able to take direction with a high level of responsibility, creativity, and professionalism.
- Flexible and adaptable communication skills
- Adept problem solving skills and a high level of curiosity
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.